Thankfully, this week went pretty quickly. This weekend, we are going to spend some time with Seth’s dad and family and hopefully stay inside as much as possible since the high on Sunday is 29 degrees!
Here are some of the great things I came across this week that helped put a smile on my face (or a growl in my stomach!)
- Favorite New-to-me Blog: Something Swanky. This girl has the most creative mind when it comes to desserts and all of her posts make my mouth water. Case-in-point: Red Velvet Pancakes
(Photo from Something Swanky)
- Best Healthy Dish: This Edamame Dip with Smoked Paprika and Garlic. Dara from Cookin’ Canuck has had some great healthy recipes out since the new year but this one got me especially excited. Perfect Super Bowl food!
(Picture from Cookin’ Canuck)
- Best Fitness Post: The Benefits of Supersets at Life of Blyss. This girl always inspires me when it comes to working out and she wrote a great post about the benefits of working supersets into your routine and even gave a great example of a workout. I mean lets face it, no one wants to spend a ton of time in the gym, we have better things to do (like eat). Supersets are where it’s at.
- Best Dessert Post: Lauren’s Brown Butter Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies. Some of you may be tired of cookies from the holidays, but not me! Besides, dark chocolate has anti-oxidants. Duh.
(Photo from Lauren’s Latest)
- Best Inspirational Post: Madison’s resolution to give up “fat talk” in 2012. I’ve read alot of blog posts about resolutions but this one was the best I’ve seen. She is resolving to stop telling herself that she feels or looks fat and instead embrace the body she has and take the best care of it that she can. I know my girlfriends and I spend alot of time talking about how “fat” we feel, so I give Madison credit for coming up with this great idea!
- Best Wedding Post: This Winery Wedding by April Skinner Photography. I’m in love with this rustic bouquet!
(Photo from Style Me Pretty blog)
- And finally, if you made this far, this is my favorite funny youtube video from this week. Pittsburgh Dad: Snow. Even if you didn’t grow up in western PA, I’m sure many of you can relate to this Dad’s phrases of “Take your shoes off before you come inside, you know how much your mom hates when her socks get wet”. And “Make sure you close the garage door when you come in, I ain’t tryin’ to heat the whole neighborhood”. :)
Hope you all have a great weekend!