Since I had to work today while many of you had off, I’m pretty bitter. And the only thing that will fix this is chocolate.
But really, chocolate isn’t even the star ingredient in this recipe. It’s the Biscoff spread.
I want you all to run, not walk, to the nearest Wegman’s and buy as many jars of Biscoff spread as they have stocked on the shelves. Or if you don’t have a Wegman’s, click here to find a store near you that has it. Or order it off of Amazon. This stuff is unbelievably good, dangerously addicting and annoyingly hard to find. It’s probably best that the Acme up the street doesn’t carry this or else I would have to start going to the gym twice a day.
It has a creamy, peanut butter-like texture and appearance but it tastes like a delicious butter cookie in spreadable form. It tastes great on crackers, pretzels, bread, bananas, apples, fingers—you get the picture.
These Biscoff bites are so simple to make and the batter is to.die.for so the only downfall is that it’s extra hard to stop eating the mixture right then and there with a spoon.
To make these, you simply combine the Biscoff spread with crushed pretzels, powdered sugar, melted butter, a little brown sugar, and a pinch of salt.
- 1 Cup of Biscoff spread
- 3 Cups of crushed pretzels
- 2 Tablespoons of unsalted butter, softened
- 4 Tablespoons of light brown sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 6 Tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 2 Cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon of canola oil
- Measure 3 cups of pretzels and crush them either in a food processor or in a plastic bag; you don’t want them to be ground into a powder, just broken into small chunks
- Combine the Biscoff, crushed pretzels, butter, brown sugar, salt, and powdered sugar. Gently stir to combine all ingredients
- Using a cookie dough scoop or a spoon, form balls with the mixture. Place them on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper
- Refrigerate the balls for at least 30 minutes
- Melt the chocolate chips and oil together in a bowl in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring in between
- Using two forks, place each Biscoff ball in the chocolate and roll to coat. Place back on the wax paper
- Refrigerate again for 30 more minutes or until chocolate hardens
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator
Adapted from Brown Eyed Baker