Good news: Seth’s dad came through the surgery with flying colors and is recovering rapidly. Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers over the last few days.
Other good news: This one is home with me again 🙂
Lucy is especially happy, she hasn’t stopped purring since he walked in the door.
As a welcome home dinner, I decided to make this pecan crusted salmon. It is our favorite salmon recipe and so easy and fast.
Here is what you need for the recipe. So simple!
To begin, you combine the breadcrumbs, chopped pecans and parsley in one dish and in another, combine the honey, dijon mustard and melted butter.
Next, salt and pepper your salmon filets and lay them skin side down in a baking dish.
Drizzle the mustard sauce over each filet, and then sprinkle the pecan crumb mixture on top, pressing down gently with the back of a fork to keep it from falling off.
Bake it in the oven at 450 degrees for 12 minutes and voila!
This salmon is awesome. It’s tangy from the dijon mustard, sweet from the honey and has a slightly crunchy topping from the pecans. Give this a try!
Pecan Crusted Salmon
Note: This recipe is for two but can very easily be doubled for four
- 2 Salmon Filets
- Salt & Pepper to season
- 1 Tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon of melted butter
- 3/4 Tablespoon of honey
- 1/8 Cup of breadcrumbs
- 1/8 Cup of finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 Tablespoon of chopped parsley
- Lightly grease a baking dish and preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Season the salmon filets with salt and pepper and place them skin side down in the dish
- Combine the butter, honey and dijon mustard and stir to mix thoroughly
- Combine the chopped pecans, breadcrumbs and parsley and stir to combine
- Spoon the mustard sauce over the salmon, covering liberally
- Sprinkle the pecan mixture on top, using the back of a fork to gently press it into the sauce
- Bake for 12-14 minutes
Salmon is super healthy and has lots of Omega-3s, so eat up!